There are around 2,400 business in the Childcare sector employing staff alongside 2,000 self employed registered child minders.
By undertaking the Child Care Learning & Development Apprenticeship at the appropriate level you will develop the necessary skills to ensure you meet the required industry standards.
- Employers require qualified and competent staff
- The skills learned will greatly increase your prospects for promotion
- The qualifications achieved are recognised by employers in the Childcare industry and will be a real advantage when you are thinking of promotion or applying for a job.
The Apprenticeship Framework
The Apprenticeship Framework consists of a suite of qualifications , usually a QCF (NVQ) and Essential Skills. These qualifications have been agreed by the relevant Sector Skills Council responsible for Child Care, Learning & Development. The time taken to complete the apprenticeship framework differs for each individual but you should expect to complete within 18 months. At induction an Individual Learning Plan is agreed and put together, personalised for your learning.
Dependent on your current job role and prior learning, learning can be undertaken at one of the following levels. Once complete you may have the opportunity to progress to the next level.
- Level 2 – Foundation Apprenticeship
- Level 3 – Apprenticeship
- Level 5 – Higher Apprenticeship
The Next Step
Contact one of our qualified Training Coordinators who will be able to help you decide which level is suitable for you.